Great ways to use poached chicken
| October 20, 2010
In Kitchen Basics
Featured Recipe: A Big Batch of Poached Chicken
Here are some wonderful ways we like to use poached chicken:
- As a topper for chef salads and Cobb Salads. We especially like it in Bowtie Pasta Salad with Chicken, Grapes and Peas.
- Added to casseroles.
- As a base for chicken chili.
- As a base for chicken-vegetable soup.
- Mixed with a little mayonnaise, celery and sweet pickles for quick chicken salad.
- As a topper for Mexican snacks such as quesadillas and nachos.
- Sliced for sandwiches.
Do you ever poach chicken? How do you like to use it?
Our Cookbooks rock!
What you're saying..
Kudos and Plaudits to you! I have tried many of your recipes with success but I must say your Scrumptious Crock Pot Beef Stew was OUTSTANDING!!! I've made it many times since it appeared in the paper and each time it's a big hit and I love it even more (great leftover too).
I've learned to do all the prepping/chopping the night before so that all I have to do is the layering/assembling in the morning. I have upgraded a tad and use sirloin steak strips cut up when I can get them on sale......YUMMMMM!
So, thanks again for sharing your recipe. I know I'll be making this for eons to come!
- Loie Angelsten of Holden, MA
Have a question?
We hope you'll tell us, but we hope you'll ASK us, too! Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try to find the answers.