Great ways to use poached chicken
| October 20, 2010
In Kitchen Basics
Featured Recipe: A Big Batch of Poached Chicken
Here are some wonderful ways we like to use poached chicken:
- As a topper for chef salads and Cobb Salads. We especially like it in Bowtie Pasta Salad with Chicken, Grapes and Peas.
- Added to casseroles.
- As a base for chicken chili.
- As a base for chicken-vegetable soup.
- Mixed with a little mayonnaise, celery and sweet pickles for quick chicken salad.
- As a topper for Mexican snacks such as quesadillas and nachos.
- Sliced for sandwiches.
Do you ever poach chicken? How do you like to use it?
Our Cookbooks rock!
What you're saying..
I bought Cheap. Fast. Good! from Amazon a while ago and it's honestly my favorite cookbook EVER! And I own a lot of cookbooks!
The recipes are healthy enough for me and they taste good enough for my husband. I spend practically nothing on groceries anymore and always have something good to make for dinner.
I've never been able to make a weekly menu because I just don't know ahead of time what we're going to be in the mood for, but with frozen cooked meats in the freezer and your recipes, I can always come up with just the right meal.
Have a question?
We hope you'll tell us, but we hope you'll ASK us, too! Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try to find the answers.