Great ways to use poached chicken
| October 20, 2010
In Kitchen Basics
Featured Recipe: A Big Batch of Poached Chicken
Here are some wonderful ways we like to use poached chicken:
- As a topper for chef salads and Cobb Salads. We especially like it in Bowtie Pasta Salad with Chicken, Grapes and Peas.
- Added to casseroles.
- As a base for chicken chili.
- As a base for chicken-vegetable soup.
- Mixed with a little mayonnaise, celery and sweet pickles for quick chicken salad.
- As a topper for Mexican snacks such as quesadillas and nachos.
- Sliced for sandwiches.
Do you ever poach chicken? How do you like to use it?
Our Cookbooks rock!
What you're saying..
Oh my goodness! How did I miss Kitchen Scoop until today? Have had Desperation Dinners for years -- we spend 6 weeks in Florida every winter and it is the only cookbook I take with me. Brunswick Stew is fabulous and tastes like it cooked for hours! Flake chicken is a favorite and I'm saving the black bean soup recipe forever!
Growing up in eastern NC, I know all about shelling butter beans and field peas and aren't they good in the winter?! Keep the good stuff going and I'll keep reading!
--Martha in Winston-Salem
Have a question?
We hope you'll tell us, but we hope you'll ASK us, too! Send your questions to email@example.com and we'll try to find the answers.