Great ways to use poached chicken
| October 20, 2010
In Kitchen Basics
Featured Recipe: A Big Batch of Poached Chicken
Here are some wonderful ways we like to use poached chicken:
- As a topper for chef salads and Cobb Salads. We especially like it in Bowtie Pasta Salad with Chicken, Grapes and Peas.
- Added to casseroles.
- As a base for chicken chili.
- As a base for chicken-vegetable soup.
- Mixed with a little mayonnaise, celery and sweet pickles for quick chicken salad.
- As a topper for Mexican snacks such as quesadillas and nachos.
- Sliced for sandwiches.
Do you ever poach chicken? How do you like to use it?
Our Cookbooks rock!
What you're saying..
I started reading Desperation Dinners along about the time I became a "stay-at-home" mom (what an oxymoron!) and needed both intellectual stimulation and something different - ANYTHING different - for dinner.
In those early days, I cooked strictly by the rule book, no deviations. But over the years, you two have given me the confidence to try rotini instead of penne, to substitute, experiment, become confident. Thank you!!
Honestly - - all three of my DD books are stained, tattered, splattered, and loved. I've given DD as gifts to new moms, to new wives, and to young friends just out of college. Can't think of a more practical, useful present.
I appreciate all the recipes, but really like the bulk-cooking ideas.
Thanks for everything!!
-- Karen Gamble of Raleigh, NC
Have a question?
We hope you'll tell us, but we hope you'll ASK us, too! Send your questions to email@example.com and we'll try to find the answers.