Great ways to use poached chicken
| October 20, 2010
In Kitchen Basics
Featured Recipe: A Big Batch of Poached Chicken
Here are some wonderful ways we like to use poached chicken:
- As a topper for chef salads and Cobb Salads. We especially like it in Bowtie Pasta Salad with Chicken, Grapes and Peas.
- Added to casseroles.
- As a base for chicken chili.
- As a base for chicken-vegetable soup.
- Mixed with a little mayonnaise, celery and sweet pickles for quick chicken salad.
- As a topper for Mexican snacks such as quesadillas and nachos.
- Sliced for sandwiches.
Do you ever poach chicken? How do you like to use it?
Our Cookbooks rock!
What you're saying..
My husband grew up in Michigan and his mother was originally from the hills of Kentucky. I first had Chocolate Gravy one winter when she was visiting. Growing up in the South, too, I was surprised that I had never had it nor even heard about it. Anyway it was rich and delicious and she served it over hot, flaky biscuits.
My husband told me that when he and his cousin were running cross country in high school, before each Saturday race, his mother would make them biscuits and chocolate gravy. Now thanks to Cheap. Fast. Good! I am preparing your version of biscuits and chocolate gravy. Except now instead of heading to a cross country race we will be headed to our son's swim meet. Thanks for helping me carry on a family tradition.
-- Louanne Bisel
Have a question?
We hope you'll tell us, but we hope you'll ASK us, too! Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try to find the answers.